Innovation enables theknowledge generated in the healthecosystem to reach:
- patients, as new diagnosis and treatment techniques, and as advanced healthcare formulae.
- the market, by generating economic profits that become further resources for Servizo Galego de Saúde (Sergas; the Galician Health Service).
The Health Knowledge Agency participates in this process and has an innovative vision that includes all health system stakeholders, from professionals to suppliers, who work according to the best international practices and have formed alliances with the best related partners as far as the interests for Galicia in this domain are concerned.
The ACIS strategy adopted in the innovation domain prioritises:
- Transferring the scientific results generated in hospital laboratories through health research institutes and foundations.
- Ideas for continuous improvements put forward by the professionals and other stakeholders in the health ecosystem according to their experience, and through novel open innovation dynamics.
- Innovative public procurement initiatives to find new solutions that adapt to the specific needs of the Galician Health System, and also to joint projects with European reference centres